Upon noting that I tend to describe things as "ridiculous" a little too regularly, Outerthere friend E.Y. put me on to this. (Thanks EY!) I took a look and boom! it's exactly the sort of thing I'm down to do. And I want to do it with you fam!
So, here's what you should do (a little ridiculous, I know, but then again, this is the Ridiculous Race):
- Head on over to LivingSocial.com and search for ROC race in Brooklyn. They've got a $59 voucher, less than the $68 you get charged if you buy direct. It expires today, Friday, Sept 9th, 2016, so hurry up and get it, yo!
- After you've booked your voucher (only 11:30am wave left), they'll give you a link and instructions on how to redeem your voucher on the rocrace.com website.
- The ROC website wave times are incorrect. It's either before noon or after noon, yet you just bought a voucher for 11:30am wave. So, select wave 2 on the ROC site and your voucher will automatically be accepted on the purchase page.
- When filling out your information, register as part of the "OUTERTHERE FAM" team. And remember, don't select the "tech tee" in order to get your voucher redeemed.
- ROC will charge you $5 to pick up your "package" day of and another $10 for like a stadium clean up fee, so will be charged $16.50.
- Your final total of $59 + 16.50 is $75.50, which is a major discount to the $92 ROC will charge you if you just go through the site.
- At the final screen, you'll be presented with an offer from Active Media to sign up to some auto-renewing membership. It looks like part of your purchase, but it's not. Just scroll down and click, No Thanks, and your final Transaction Complete page will appear.
- When you're done with all that, come back here and let me know if you're going by signing up below. Meet up details will be sent to you via email as late as 10p tonight, Friday, Sept 9, 2016.
HEADS UP, FAM! THE TIMES POSTED ON THE SITE OR ANYWHERE ELSE (LIKE FACEBOOK INVITES) ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS THE TRIP DAY GETS CLOSER. ONLY THE EMAIL I SEND 24 TO 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE TRIP DATE AND ONLY AFTER YOU'VE SIGNED UP VIA THE FORM ON THE TRIP INVITE WILL CONTAIN THE MOST ACCURATE TIMES FOR OUR TRIP.
You'll receive specific gear recommendations based on the weather via email. But to get a head start, check Outerthere recommendations.